Public Library Coordinator (Vacant)
Monday - Wednesday Teleworking
8 AM - 4:30 PM
Contact a Consultant
What I Do
- Public Library & Local Governing Consulting:
- Provide consulting services on the establishment and administration of public libraries.
- Inform librarians and library staff of new library resources and available training opportunities.
- Plan, develop and implement library board trainings.
- Develop online reference resources for public librarians.
- Continuing Education Coordinator:
- Coordinate the biennial CE Statewide Survey
- Oversee the Statewide Summer Reading Program
- Oversee the Alaska Library Association Scholarship and coordinate Continuing Education grants
- Develop monthly training webinars, workshops and online courses on topics of interest to public librarians
- Oversee Three Cities Tour training workshops in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau.
- Lead the Small Library Institute of Management week long training for new library directors
- Lead the Small Library Institute of Continuing Education leadership training for library directors
Library Guides for Librarians
General Interest Guides
Blog I Write
The CE NEWS is an Alaska State Library Continuing Education Newsletter: A monthly publication highlighting continuing education opportunities for public librarians in Alaska.