- The Alaska State Library Reading Room is open Monday through Friday, 10 AM-4 PM.
- The Research Center (Alaska State Archives and State Library – Historical Collections) is open Monday through Friday, 10 AM-4 PM, by appointment only. Please make appointments at least 48 hours in advance to allow us to pull materials for you.
- The Alaska State Museum in Juneau is open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 AM-5 PM.
- The Sheldon Jackson Museum in Sitka is open Wednesday through Sunday, 9 AM-4 PM.
Visit our staff directory to contact LAM staff by email or phone for distance services.
During your visit, we encourage you to:
- Wear a face covering.
- Maintain 6 feet social distancing.
- Wash your hands (restrooms on floors 1 & 2).
- Please don't come if you're sick.
For your protection:
- High-touch surfaces, door handles, and lockers are sanitized throughout the day.
- The museum accepts credit/debit card (prefer no cash).
- Highly interactive exhibits are closed.
- Public event gathering size is restricted to maintain social distancing.