Contact a Consultant
Position is vacant
The Early Literacy Coordinator helps librarians and caregivers support the children in their community by providing advice and training on library storytimes and other early childhood programs and maintaining early literacy play spaces.
What I Do
- For librarians:
- Provide early literacy guidance and advice to improve library storytimes and other early childhood programming.
- Consult on the layout and components of library playspaces (including books, manipulatives, and furniture).
- Offer one-on-one and group early literacy training opportunities to staff in Alaska libraries.
- Promote national early literacy resources to libraries.
- For parents and caregivers:
- Provide free training to parents and caregivers (informal and formal) about building their child's early literacy skills.