Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Renting Space at the APK

Certificate of Liability Insurance

A Certificate of Insurance (COI) is strongly encouraged for any event as it protects the renter and the Division. A COI with liquor liability is required for events hosting 75 or more guests –OR– whenever alcohol is sold or served.

Food and alcohol caterers must provide a copy of their business’s certificate of insurance.

All Certificates of Insurance (caterer’s and event) must be submitted to the Division one week in advance of event with the Division and venue listed as “additional insured” in the following manner:

  • Alaska State Libraries, Archives, and Museums
  • Andrew P. Kashevaroff Building
  • 395 Whittier St.
  • Juneau, Alaska 99801.


Liability Insurance Coverage is required to rent APK spaces.

Coverage Cost
Each Occurrence $1,000,000
Medical (any one person) $5,000
General Aggregate $2,000,000
Damage Premises Rented $100,000

Local Providers for Certificate of Liability Insurance Policy

Shattuck and Grummet
301 Seward St
Juneau, AK 99801

State Farm Insurance
9109 Mendenhall Mall Road, Suite 1
Juneau, AK 99801


  • Caterers are required for all events that involve prepared or perishable foods, including dairy, seafood, meats, fruits, or vegetables.
  • Caterers are not required if an event only provides coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, cookies, or commercially prepared trays.
  • Caterers must operate from an Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) approved kitchen.
  • Caterers shall not use open flames, only electric warmers preapproved by the Building Manager are allowed.
  • Caterers must meet with the Building Manager to complete "An Orientation for Beverage and Food Servers" in order to be pre-approved for the event.
  • Please inquire about the use of the classroom for arranging and staging food.
  • Caterers shall not request use of Raven Café's commercial kitchen, equipment, furnishings, or supplies. This café is operated by a private vendor.

Alcoholic Beverages

  • Hard liquor is not allowed in the facility at any time.
  • Beer and wine are permitted in the atrium only.
  • Beer and wine are permitted at private events.
  • Beer and wine are not permitted during public hours or public events.
  • Host liquor license liability is required as part of the Certificate of Insurance for each event serving alcohol.
  • Caterers must submit the State of Alaska Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Board Form AB-04 (Caterer's Permit Application) to the Alcohol and Marijuana Control Office (AMCO) for approval.
  • Non-profits may submit a State of Alaska Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC Form Board AB-05 - Special Events Permit Application) to the Alcohol and Marijuana Control Office (AMCO in lieu of using a caterer to dispense alcohol at a private or ticketed event.
  • An approved copy of Form AB-04 (Caterer's Permit Application) or Form AB-05 must be submitted to the Building Manager one week prior to the event.
  • The renter is responsible for submitting a copy of the AMCO-approved ABC permit to the Building Manager.
  • Caterers and non-profits dispensing alcohol shall meet with the Building Manager to complete "An Orientation for Food and Beverage Servers" in order to be approved for events.