8 AM - 4:30 PM
Contact a Consultant
What I Do
The Early Literacy Coordinator helps librarians and caregivers support the children in their community by providing advice and training on library storytimes and other early childhood programs and maintaining early literacy play spaces.
- For librarians:
- Provide early literacy guidance and advice to improve library storytimes and other early childhood programming.
- Responsible for collection development of children's collection for the Alaska State Library Circulating Collection and for the Alaska Digital Library
- Offer one-on-one and group early literacy training opportunities to staff in Alaska libraries.
- Promote national early literacy resources to libraries.
- Consult on the layout and components of library playspaces (including books, manipulatives, and furniture).
- For parents and caregivers:
- Provide free training to parents and caregivers (informal and formal) about building their child's early literacy skills.