School and Tribal Libraries Coordinator
Monday - Friday
8 AM - 5 PM
Contact a Consultant
What I Do
- School Library Coordinator:
- Provide professional and technical consulting services to school libraries and school districts concerned with school library establishment, development, administration, budgeting, policy, operations, services and grant management.
- Write, plan and conduct training programs on site and by distance
- Communicate information from the state and national library community to Alaska's school librarians and represent Alaska school librarians in state and national discussions and activities concerning school libraries.
- School BAG Grant Coordinator:
- Manage the application and awards process for the grant which helps schools to obtain broadband at 25 mbps.
School Library Guides
- New School Librarian ToolkitResources for School Librarians new to the job, new to Alaska, or new to both.
- Alaska Association of School Librarians"Membership in AkASL is available to school librarians, active and retired, and to those who are interested in promoting school libraries in the State of Alaska."
- Alaska Content StandardsAlaska has adopted standards in the following content areas: English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Geography, Government and Citizenship, History, Skills for a Healthy Life, Arts, World Languages, Technology, Employability, Library/Information Literacy, Cultural Standards, and Alaska History. Standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics
Other Guides of Interest
Public Domain/Royalty Free Multimedia
by Daniel Cornwall Last Updated Aug 1, 2022 450 views this year
- MakerspacesResources to help librarians successfully integrate makerspaces, and making, tinkering and DIY programming in their libraries.
Newsletters I Write
I compile two newsletters for the Division:
SAYL Mail : School and Youth Librarians Newsletter published twice monthly
AKDSL News: Alaska Digital School Library News published monthly