Health and Medicine
- Academic Search Ultimate+Full text periodicals covering nearly all subjects.
- All EBSCOHost Databases+About 30 databases, including Academic Search Premier and Newspaper Source Plus, containing citations and full text publications in a variety of subject areas.
- Alt HealthWatch+Full text articles, pamphlets, reports, and other publications on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
- Arctic HealthLinks to health information relevant to northern peoples and offers the Arctic Health Publications Database, which indexes over 100,000 journal articles, reports, newspapers, conference proceedings, and more.
- Consumer Health Complete+Comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content.
- Health Source Consumer Edition+Full text general health care publications and medical journals.
- Health Source Nursing/Academic Edition+Full text scholarly journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
- PubMedIndex and abstracts of publications covering all areas of medicine, including dentistry, nursing, and preclinical sciences.
- Teen Health ResourcesCreated "for Alaskan teens and the adults in their lives," this guide covers general health resources, but also delves into topics including: accidents & injuries; alcohol, drugs, tobacco, & e-cigs; body image; cultural identity; disability; diseases & conditions; fitness & nutrition; home & family; jobs & college; mental health; relationships & digital citizenship; sexuality & sexual health; violence & abuse; and young teens.
- Alaska 211For current non-clinical information related to COVID-19, including service changes and closures statewide and in the Municipality of Anchorage, dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-478-2221. Extended call center hours: 7am – 8pm, 7 days a week.
- Alaska's Smart Start 2020Find out about your Alaskan school's plans for teaching safely during the pandemic.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the CDCPublic health information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the NIHThe latest research on COVID-19 from the National Institutes of Health.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019Information from the Alaska Dept. of Health and Social Services.
- Coronavirus Resource CenterClear answers to common questions by Harvard Health Publishing at the Harvard Medical School. Not sure if that latest advice is a myth or a good idea? Check here.
- COVID-19 Information for SchoolsInformation from the Alaska Dept. of Education and Early Development
- COVID-19 Resources from the Alaska State MuseumResources for Alaskan museums, including results of an economic survey and COVID-19 bulletins.
- COVID-19 Resources to Protect and Support Alaska's ManufacturersFrom the Alaska MEP Center. The Center, "backed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the UAA Business Enterprise Institute, equips Alaska’s manufacturers with the tools and resources necessary to improve the quality, productivity, and competitiveness of their operations."
- Libraries and COVID-19Information geared towards library staff to help them respond to the pandemic.
- Public Health Emergency Initiative - COVID-19A collection of COVID-19 articles available through PubMed Central.
"The National Science and Technology Advisors from a dozen countries, including the United States, called on publishers to voluntarily agree to make their COVID-19 and coronavirus-related publications, and the available data supporting them, immediately accessible in PubMed Central (PMC) and other appropriate public repositories to support the ongoing public health emergency response efforts."