- Newsbank (Alaska)+For State employees, on the State network, and others in the library. Full text content for over 2 dozen Alaska news sources including the Anchorage Daily News, Juneau Empire, and Fairbanks Daily News-Miner. Note, however, that due to content ownership issues, some articles may be missing from this database.
- Anchorage Daily News through NewsbankArticles in text format only from 1985. From 2019, complete full text images of the paper, but with a 90 day delay. For State employees, on the State network, and others in the library.
- Anchorage Daily News/Alaska Dispatch News ArchivesIndex to the ADN from 1985 - present. See NewsBank (Alaska) for selected full text coverage.
- Fairbanks and Juneau Area Newspaper IndexesFairbanks area indexing coverage varies within 1901-1975 and Juneau Empire indexing covers 1/20/1990-1/30/1999.
- Newspaper Source Plus+Full text articles from US and international newspapers including the New York Times (from January 1985 to present), Christian Science Monitor, USA Today, and the Washington Post. Also includes radio and television transcripts from ABC News, CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), CBS News, CNBC, CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, National Public Radio, PBS, and more.
- Google NewspapersIncludes Southeast Alaska's Island News.
- TopicSearch+Selected articles relating to school debate topics and current events.
Check out these resources if you are interested in historic Alaskan newspapers.
- Alaska Newspapers Via Chronicling AmericaFull text searching to newspapers digitized by the Alaska State Library, time coverage is from 1893-1963. Not every year is available for every community. Not every community is represented but this collection is growing!
- Alaska Digital Newspaper ProjectThis Blog highlights news about the Alaska State Library's grant-funded efforts to digitize historic Alaskan newspapers.
- Alaska Online Historical NewspapersA listing of newspapers in Alaska that are available online, with dates available, links, and whether or not there is a fee.
- Newspapers on MicrofilmThe Alaska State Library holds a vast collection of Alaska newspapers on microfilm. Use this link to learn more about that collection.