Technology (Library Learning)
“Technology in now ubiquitous in libraries and IT intersect with all departments.” (Competency Index for the Library Field, pg. 60)
- Digital Literacy GuideA collection of tutorials, fact sheets and more to help you do more on the internet.
- Emerging TechnologiesA guide to technologies that are appearing in professional literature and professional blogs that may be of current or future use in libraries, archives or museums in Alaska.
- Internet and Technology Inventory ToolkitTools to help you inventory and manage your library internet and technology.
- Alaska Online with Libraries (OWL) ProgramSchedule a video conference on OWL, learn about OWL provided software and VTC equipment or view a list of participating video conference locations.
- Technology InterviewColorado State Library has developed an excellent self-paced tutorial on how to conduct a technology interview.
- Technology Planning for LibrariesAn online resource guide to librarians on how to create a technology plan.
- Technology Tutorials for Library StaffThe Colorado State Library has created a series of self-paced tutorials: Tech Training Tips, Proficiency with Technology, Find Answers, Design a Class, How Adults Learn, Dealing with Sticky Situations, Evaluating Information.
- Web Conference Participant ResourcesKnow before you go! Use this page to see whether your browser has what it takes to view your next webinar and find your way around your webconferencing software.
- Web FilteringInformation related to technology protection measures aka filtering.
- Tech Talk December 2015: Customize your wireless network [YouTube, 52 min]December 18, 2015 Join Daniel Cornwall as he describes:
- How to identify Your router
- How to locate manual and/or manufacturer support site
- How to access your router's dashboard/control interface
- How to reset a router to factory settings
- How to change basic settings
- How to use your router for network storage - depending on model
- Two ways to put a printer on your wireless network
- What Quality of Service (QoS) is
- TechBoomers Digital Literacy for Seniors and Beginners [YouTube, 1 hr]September 4, 2015 Steve Black, CEO of TechBoomers, provides an overview of tutorial resources available on TechBoomers and how libraries can use these resources in their digital literacy classes.
- Steve's Slides [External Link]
- LinkedIn Course [External Link] - At the end of the webinar, attendees voted on what TechBoomers' next course should be. LinkedIn was the winner.
- Free Online Survey Tools [YouTube, 53 min]April 8, 2015 Presenter: Daniel Cornwall - A 2015 tour of SurveyMonkey and Google Forms. Please check for more recent information, though free versions of those tools still exist in 2020.
- Sample Google Form Survey demonstrating skip logic [External Link]Start with "I haven't come …" and compare with choosing any other option.
I want to learn about...